Evaluation of the site background radioactivity had been conducted to establish benchmark baseline of the radioactivity level. The outcome of this study is part of the site permit application.
The sampling program for the radiological background study is designed to measure the various environmental components (Air, Soil, Water, Sedimentation and Ambient Dose Rate) as well as for organic components (Milk, Meat and Grass) where available. It aims to collect representative samples from required strategic locations as identified in the Terms of Reference, noting that the survey area covered 15 km radius from the centre of the NPP Site.
• Supervision of sampling collection on site (sampling performed by a certified lab)
• Ensure compliance with health & safety requirements on site
• Ensure compliance with QA procedures by the laboratory during sampling, preparation of samples, testing and reporting
• Review the test results and preparing the overall report
• Prepare correlated GIS maps